Tenant, at its sole cost and expense, shall have the right to make alterations, additions, or improvements to the interior of the Premises (collectively, “Improvements”), if such Improvements are normal for general office use, do not adversely affect the utility of the Premises for future tenants or the systems serving the Building, do not alter the exterior appearance of the Building, are not of a structural nature, and are not otherwise prohibited under this Lease; provided that no such Improvements shall be made without Landlord’s prior written consent, and all such Improvements shall be made in conformity with the requirements below.
Any Improvements to be installed by Tenant during the Term shall only be done in compliance with the following:
- No such work shall proceed without Landlord's prior written approval of (i) Tenant's contractor, and (ii) certificates of insurance from a company or companies approved by Landlord, furnished to Landlord by Tenant's contractor, for public liability and automobile liability and property damage insurance with limits of not less than $1,000,000/$1,000,000/$2,000,000, endorsed to show Watt Properties, Inc. dba Watt Management Company, 1875/1925 Century Park East Company, Allstate Investments, LLC, Allstate Life Insurance Company, and Allstate Insurance Company as an additional insured and for workmen's compensation as required. Before commencing any work, Tenant shall give Landlord at least five (5) days’ written notice of the proposed commencement of such work and shall, if required by Landlord, secure at Tenant’s own cost and expense, a completion and lien indemnity bond in a form and by a surety acceptable to Landlord and in amount no less than the estimated cost of such Improvements to insure Landlord against liability from mechanic’s and materialmen’s liens and to insure completion of the work. In addition, Landlord may require such additional items or assurances as Landlord in its sole discretion may deem reasonable or desirable. Landlord shall have the right at all times to enter the Premises to post notices of non-responsibility on the Premises and record verified copies thereof in connection with all work of any kind upon the Premises.
- All such work shall be done in conformity with a valid building permit or other permits or licenses when and where required, and any work not acceptable to any governmental authority or agency having or exercising jurisdiction over such work, or not reasonably satisfactory to Landlord, shall be promptly replaced at Tenant’s expense. Notwithstanding any failure by Landlord to object to any such work, Landlord shall have no responsibility therefor. Tenant covenants and agrees that all work done by or pursuant to the direction and instruction of Tenant shall be performed in full compliance with all laws, rules, orders, ordinances, directions, regulations and requirements of all governmental agencies, offices, departments, bureaus and boards having jurisdiction, and in full compliance with the rules, orders, directions, regulations, and requirements of the Insurance Service Office, and of any similar body. Landlord at its option may supervise such work, and Landlord shall be entitled to make a reasonable and customary charge for any supervisory services rendered.
- Tenant shall reimburse Landlord for any expense incurred by Landlord by reason of faulty or improper work done by Tenant or its contractors, for damage done by Tenant or its contractors to the Building or the Property, or by reason of inadequate cleanup.
- Tenant or its subcontractors will in no event be allowed to install plumbing, mechanical, electrical wiring or fixtures, or partitions over 5’10” in height.
- All work by Tenant shall be diligently and continuously pursued from the date of its commencement through its completion.
- Non-standard installations made by or for Tenant, whether temporary or permanent in character, made either by Landlord or Tenant, and all personal property attached to the Building (including floor coverings) shall be Landlord’s property at the end of the Term and shall remain on the Premises without compensation to Tenant; provided that, at the option of Landlord exercisable by written notice to Tenant, Tenant shall, at Tenant’s sole expense, within thirty (30) days after such notice, remove from the Premises any or all such improvements and personal property and repair all damage to the Premises caused by such removal. All other personal property shall be removed by Tenant on or before the end of the Term, provided that Tenant shall repair all damages caused by such removal.